I am truly honored and appreciative of the fact that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Haylee. I had stumbled across her log one day and was pleasantly surprised by her posts…most especially her poems. They are simple, profound and touch on life experiences that we all encountered at some point in our lives. If you get the chance, check out her site: stumblingaboutourworld.wordpress.com
You’ll be pleasantly surprised as I was.
Questions from stumblingaboutourworld:
1. What is the most extreme thing that I’ve done?
When I was in college, I hiked along the entire ridge of Diamond Head. Which I’m glad I did because now they do not permit anyone to do so because of the dangerous conditions.
2. Out of all the places I visited, which did I like the most?
I really like Hawaii (also known as the “Big Island”) . I got the opportunity to see an active volcano, walk on solid lava, got to go to the top of Mauna Kea, experienced the black sand beach as well as the green sand beach and saw many historical Hawaiian sites.
3. What is on of my favorite memories?
The birth of my daughter Chloe and my son Conor. It truly was an experience that surpasses anything and everything that I encountered or will encounter.
4. Why did I decide to start my blog?
It was on the advice of my literary manager but in the end it was my passion for writing and sharing my inner voice for the world to see.
5. What is my favorite book or book series?
“Writing Movies For Fun And Profit or How We Made A Billion Dollars at the Box Office and You Can, Too!” by Robert Ben Garant & Thomas Lennon
6. Do I have a post (one of my own) that you favor over others?
The one that I liked best was a post called “Our Special Gift” :
7. If I could go anywhere in the world and take one person, who would it be and why?
I would go and see Japan with my wife because she is my everything – the love of my life, my best friend, the foundation of our family, strong, smart and a fighter.
8. If I were given $500 today, what would I do with it and why?
If given a $500 today, I would spend it on a dinner for my parents because of all they’ve done for me. They’ve taught me the values of life, helped shaped the person into who I am today.
9. What inspires me to write?
It’s just a passion that I’ve had for the past 27 years. The joy I get from writing anything totally frees me and lets my inner voice be heard and shared with both strangers and all of my blogging colleagues.
10. What is my opinion on the advancement of technology?
I think that it’s great. A lot of what we do and see whether it be writing, seeing something is all instantaneous. It’s truly convenient.
I had a hard time trying to determine what blogs I was going to nominate because I follow so many great ones. The ones that particularly stuck out were the ones that touched me, inspired me, made me laugh and provoke thought. These blogs are written by the people who provide encouraging words and have the gift of prose. They really don’t need my help in sending people their way because so many people have found them already. But on the off chance you haven’t stumbled across them, please check them out..you won’t be disappointed.
Questions For The Blogs That I Nominate:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Which one of your own posts do you like the best and why?
- What inspires you to write?
- What have you learned from following other blogs?
- How has blogging affected your life?
- When do you like to do your writing – day or night?
- How do you decide on what blog you want to follow?
- Has your blogging experience been so far?
- Who is your biggest influence in your craft of writing?
- Would you recommend blogging to your family and friends?
Rules for Nominees:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) (info)
When all things must come to an end
How do you say goodbye
to the friendships formed through years of…
The bond that was created was unique,
one that can never be broken
A rapport that can never be extinguished
Is it possible to find that in the unknown?
A place where
Is there hope in finding
that special connection
with another person again?
One who’ll share
You can never go back,
you can only cherish that special memory
of a past that you can no longer relive
You can only be grateful,
and carry on
By the grace of God,
with some luck,
you’ll stumble upon a new era
and experience new things
that will resemble the past.
How do you let go…
when for so long
your heart was
full of life,
had an abundance of joy,
content in all things
How do you let go…
when you know it’s time
but your heart and mind are
lost in a sea of confusion
When it’s scary,
that’s when you jump
When your strength
is fueled by faith
When you take a chance,
see the world with eyes wide open
and dare to be great
That’s when you know…
it’s time to let go.
How do you deal with change? Especially the life changing ones. This has been weighing on my mind the past couple of days. In the past, when I was much younger, this was never a concern; in fact I enjoyed experiencing change.
As I got older, I got married, had children, found a secure job. I found a daily routine that made my life simple. I was content with the way things were in my life and for a person that likes control…I was in heaven.
Now all of a sudden, I’m changing jobs. Going from a good paying job to something that is much less but with great benefits. On top of that, opportunities are presenting themselves to where my passion, my dream, can become a reality.
My younger self would’ve been thrilled with what’s going on. Welcoming the change, the unpredictability. But my present self and my current state of mind is a bit hesitant. Don’t get me wrong, a part of me is really excited but three quarters of me is not. Fearing the unknown is truly terrifying.
You would’ve thought that through all my years, all of my accumulated experiences would prepare me for this. But it never does. The only thing that I’ve learned was that sometimes you got to take a leap of faith into the unknown.
It might work out, it might not. It’s a chance that I have to take. I’ve always learn to bet on myself to endure whatever life threw at me. It’s so cliché to say this, but as long as my family and friends are there for support, advice and guidance, change can be bearable.
It’s a given that change will always happen. We will always be both excited and scared from it but we should have the confidence in ourselves to know that we’ll get through it. Possibilities for great things are there if we just take a chance.